For the past 40 years, Markaids has been providing ingredient solutions and innovations to food manufacturers in Malaysia and Singapore. Throughout these years, Markaids has remained dedicated to its clients by fulfilling their growing and ever changing needs. Take a look at our history and how we have grown into the company we are today.
- Markaids (Malaysia) was incorporated on the 20th of December, 1977 in Damansara Uptown, Petaling Jaya by Mr. Leong Siew Seng.
- Replaced 'Johnson & Johnson' as the distributor of sausage casings from Devro Australia.
- Established our first overseas branch in Singapore on the 29th of January, 1980.
- Markaids HQ relocated to SS2, Petaling Jaya and a new branch was opened in Ipoh.
- Began the distribution of sausage casings from Teepak.
- Introduced milk derivatives such as lactose, caseinate, fat powder/non-dairy creamers, whey powders, etc from DMV into Malaysia and Singapore.
- Established a branch in Penang to improve coverage in Malaysia.
- Started the distribution of Textured Vegetable Proteins (TVP) from Central Soya USA.
- Introduced Modified Starches to the Malaysian market by working with Laing National UK.
- Expanded our soy-based food ingredients portfolio by distributing Textured Soy Concentrate from Central Soya.
- Appointed by PTI to distribute their Isolated Soy Protein (ISP). The use of ISP in processed meat was limited in its early stages of introduction. However, with the technical support from PTI, the use of ISP rose rapidly, especially in the application of meat patties and nuggets.
- Began the distribution of battermixes, curing salts, smoke powders, etc. from Lucas Ingredients.
- Broadened our soy-based food ingredients portfolio by adding the distribution of Functional Soy Protein Concentrate from Central Soya.
- Ventured into manufacturing and blending of ingredients at the Markaids HQ.
- New blending and manufacturing machines were commissioned to further upgrade our blending technology and capacity.
- Successfully obtained our first HALAL certification for manufactured products on the 1st of February, 2009.
- Enhanced quality by obtaining the Food Safety Management System certificate ISO 22000.
- Continued to distribute food starches from Cerestar when Cargill acquired Cerestar.
- A new test kitchen and applications laboratory was set up in October 2011 at Markaids HQ to facilitate product development and application activities.
- Refurbished our HQ to accommodate a larger team in line with the company's expansion plan.
- Further enhanced our network by establishing a representative office in Johor on the 4th of November, 2013.
- To upgrade our production line to further increase safety, automation and output.